Note, if you are on the Growth plan, head here.
When using the HUB and Spoke model the risk workflow can be set and defined in the HUB. This workflow will be the default state for each spoke.
From the HUB select Administration.
Select Custom Data.
The workflows can be added or edited under the Risk Workflow section. To edit a workflow click here to see how workflow stages can be edited.
Risk Workflow for New Spokes
The Settings tab gives the Administrator the ability to choose whether new spokes follow the default risk workflow or they can choose their own risk workflow.
If this setting is Disabled the newly onboarded spoke follows the risk workflow defined at the HUB.
If this setting is Enabled the newly onboarded spoke will be able to choose their own risk workflow at the spoke level.
Risk Workflow for Existing Spokes
The Settings tab gives the Administrator the ability to choose whether existing spokes follow the default risk workflow or they can choose their own risk workflow.
Spokes to manage their own risk workflow
1. From the HUB select the spokes name.
2. Select Settings.
3. Change the 'Manage risk workflow' setting to 'Enabled'
When this setting is 'Disabled', the spoke follows the risk workflow defined at the HUB. The Risk Workflow module will not show in the spoke.
When this setting is 'Enabled', the spoke will be able to choose its own risk workflow at the spoke level. The Risk Workflow module will show in the spoke.
4. Click the Risk Register in the left side panel and select risk workflow.
Default the spoke's risk workflow back to Hub
If a spoke no longer wants to manage their own risk workflow, then they can default it back to their Hub. By changing the setting “Manage Risk Workflow” to “Disabled”, the 6clicks application will start the transition for the selected spoke.
During this transition -
- Existing workflow stages from the spoke will be mapped to those on the Hub, based on their name.
- When a workflow stage is successfully mapped, the risks will remain assigned to this stage after the transition.
- If there is a workflow stage that existed in the spoke, but is not in the Hub, then the risks (assigned to those workflow stages) will not have any stage assigned to them at the end of this transition. These risks will be shown in the ‘Unassigned’ tab on the Risk register.
1. Go to 'Settings' tab of the spoke. The Manage risk workflow feature will show as 'Enabled', allowing the spoke to managing their own risk workflow.
2. Change this setting to 'Disabled'. Doing this will start the transition of mapping existing risks from this spoke to risk workflow stages from the Hub. Click 'Yes' on the confirmation dialog to continue
3. This risk workflow module will no longer appear in the spoke.
Spoke Filtering Based On Risk Workflow Configuration
This filter allows the administrator at the HUB to see which spokes are following the default HUB risk workflow or using their own risk workflow stages.
At the HUB select More Filters.
Select the Manage risk workflow filter.